Saturday, November 8, 2008

Dreams come true

I received a call Monday morning, ironically from the mother of the first family I ever worked as a nanny for, on the first day of my latest job. At first I was a little hesitant to listen to what she was offering. I was literally on the 3rd hour of my job and assumed things would be fine where I was currently positioned. I had talked with H on numerous occasions this year. Learning that her soon to be husband wanted her to get preggo and that she said only if I'd come back lol, then again when she became preggo, again when they got married, extensively when they went out of the country and I took a weeks vacation to care for my old charges and finally this conversation. They are offering, if I am willing to move back to Ohio, to match my salary now to work part-time for them, currently I'm working 60-80 hours a week, also provide room and board, AND they will work around my schedule so that I can go back to school and get my masters. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?!?!?! What other point in time is someone going to practically hand me my masters? I feel as though this is the year of me. A large part of my life unfortunately I have spent attempting to make relationships with the opposite sex work leaving me and my desires to finish dead last in the pack. Making this move I feel as though I am making a huge statement to myself. The past few years have had so many ups and downs between the robbery, and the car accident, kidney stones, finally graduating from college, being rejected for surgery, finally being approved, going through the procedure, dealing with not only the physical changes since surgery but also the emotional and hormonal aspects.....it has been to say the least a roller coaster. The stars must be aligned at the moment however because this is an opportunity that only comes around once in a lifetime. The dreams I have been agonizing over have suddenly become not only obtainable but manageable. I am elated. I can not wait to be around some of my closest friends again and working with children that I not only helped raise but also helped form me into the person I am today. I feel as though the big exhale I have been waiting for has finally arrived. Miracles do happen.........when you least expect them.

Live Love Laugh,
Ashley

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I am so excited for you (and for me too)!!! I can't wait and I am counting down until March.

Amy Plumb said...

I read your post below, I'm in shock, and can't believe people live like that. I know I'm over board when it come to being clean but never cleaning wow!
Well I hope you get out of there and things get better for you. Call ironic or whatever but that's awesome that phone rang and you answered.